Over the last few weeks we’ve been getting on with wood processing and the sale of the firewood should keep us sustainable again for another year. Bob is putting finishing touches to the Bee Palace this week so we can open our viewing platform to visitors over the summer.
Great news is that the Natural Weigh shop in Crickhowell have agreed to sell our charcoal. Hopefully this will be a steady outlet for sales, as well as good publicity for the group.
You never can tell, but so far the weather forecast looks kind to us for this coming Tuesday. There’s lots to do:-
- Water the new apple trees.
- Move the remaining logs from the canal side to the processing area
- Process logs and stack
- Cut up small diameter wood for charcoal burn
- Shelter construction continues – all hands needed to get the props up, roof looking great
- Check out trees planted last year. Clear area around trees and take off plastic covers where appropriate
And finally, it’s goodbye to the bluebells – see you next spring!